Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bayshore 1/2 Marathon Weekend



It was an absolutely awesome weekend; the weather, the race, friends.......I took the race out a little quick. At mile 4, Iwas clocked at 24:10 which is about 6:03 pace; wayyyy too fast for the way that I trained. I slowed it back down but by mile 9, I felt Mr. fatigue set in. I kept telling myself "light legs" repeatedly and made it to the tape in 1:31 which was 4th in my age group(40-44) and 1:40 better than last year's time. Chalk another race up to experience. I am the most grateful for being able to run and celebrate with my friends and their spouses.....that makes it all worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on a great finish Mark! I'm going to be in your area in June -doing Johan's Trifest in Hopkins on June 20th. Any chance you're interested in that race?

    ReplyDelete